Tuesday, November 5, 2013

33 Days Before Christmas Break

It always amazes me how fast time moves between September and December.  It seems that I blink and Christmas break is just around the corner.  I'm pretty sure students perceive the passage of time quite differently.  I can vividly remember how time seemed to crawl towards Christmas when I was a child.  Ask a student if time has flown by since the start of school or crawled at a snail's pace, and I bet the snail wins!

It's equally amazing how much our youngest students grow during this time.  Kindergarteners who were afraid to leave their cars are now navigating the school like fearless seasoned veterans.  They make daily deliveries to the lunchroom and office, make it to the nurse and back, and some even lead the entire school in the Pledge.  Some have gone from reciting the ABCs to actually reading words for the first time in their lives.  I often see them sounding out words on bulletin board around this time of year.  The look of surprise on their faces when the word finally becomes clear is always priceless!


No comments:

Post a Comment